why360

Looking around me I see the bigger pictures. And I write entirely to find out what I'm thinking, what I'm looking at, what I see and what it means. What I want and what I fear.

Google

Saturday, February 11, 2006

today



It was today, in Malaysia.



Hindu devotees carries kavadi offering cage climb 272 steps to the Batu Caves temple near the giant statue of Lord Murugan during the Thaipusam festival in Batu Caves, near Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on Saturday, Feb. 11, 2006. The festival is rooted in Hindu legend and was brought from southern India by 19th century immigrants who came to the Malaysian peninsula to work in rubber estates and government offices. The ritual, banned in India, is celebrated in cities throughout Malaysia, as well as in Singapore and Sri Lanka.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Malaysia Blogsites List

>br>