why360

Looking around me I see the bigger pictures. And I write entirely to find out what I'm thinking, what I'm looking at, what I see and what it means. What I want and what I fear.

Google

Saturday, November 18, 2006

A sense of pride



This I must record. Today I went to the wedding of one of my nieces who I hardly know. Look at the photo, a beautiful couple indeed!.

The sense of pride springs from knowing that her mother who is my half sister, my mothers only daughter by another husband after she got divorced from my father, had lead such a miserable life (in my way of thinking) from the challenges she faced trying to be educated properly with very little money (I had to give her some money in my younger days), with no proper home, had enough education to get a good job, got married to a young man who asked her to leave her job for a life in a fanatical religious organisaton (Al-Arqam), sold her inheritted piece of land for a pittance, had 3 children (2 sons and 1 daughter), moving from places to places with that religious fanatics, and when that religous fanatics got disbanded by the Government she had to re-organise her life, educate her children, find jobs to earn a living, and after such a hard struggle has managed to have a good footings ......... children managed to get reasonably good jobs and her daughter now married.



I am proud of her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Malaysia Blogsites List

>br>