why360

Looking around me I see the bigger pictures. And I write entirely to find out what I'm thinking, what I'm looking at, what I see and what it means. What I want and what I fear.

Google

Monday, September 25, 2006

I was wrong!

I was wrong! In my last posting I said that the Tarawih prayers are led by two young Imams from South Thailand. These young Imams are Hafiz, that is they can remember all the verses in the Koraan by heart. They recite these during the night prayers.

And I found out,



This young guy is our very own Malaysian, from Kuala Selangor, about 50 km from Kuala Lumpur.



Yes, this guy is from South Thailand, from somewhere in Narathiwat.

Both are from a Tahfiz school (a school especially teaching the rememberance of all the verses in the Koraan, in addition to normal lessons taught in a normal Malaysian school. There are many such schools in Malaysia)in Rantau Panjang, the northernmost border town between Thailand and the State of Kelantan in Malaysia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Malaysia Blogsites List

>br>