why360

Looking around me I see the bigger pictures. And I write entirely to find out what I'm thinking, what I'm looking at, what I see and what it means. What I want and what I fear.

Google

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Ismail Hussin

Ismail Hussin, I must say that he is one of the better artist in Kuantan (Malaysia) today. I am not in that profession neither do I meet any other artist around Kuantan town but my experience with Ismail Hussin has been very satisfactory, since I met him more than 5 years ago. And I have used his talent to paint some paintings of my family members, using pencil, or pastel or even water colours for scenery.

He has this small studio workshop


in Hyatt Kuantan,

close to the pool.


A very unassuming person, very friendly and very hard working. When I took this photograph of him, it was on a Sunday afternoon, and he was in his studio working, and the photo showing him among his paintings.

His favourite painting? For local character, “Mat Kilau” he says.


And for foreign character, “Mother Theresa”. Strangers, “That blue eyed girl from Afghanistan”, and he is keeping the magazine whose cover shows that ‘girl’. All these paintings have now been sold of course.

Looking around his studio I asked him which is now his favourite painting. He showed me an oil painting on a canvas showing a fisherman’s house by a stream. He is pricing that painting at over RM 3000.00 (USD 1 = RM 3.5 presently).


And my favourite, among the paintings present is an oil paint (?) on a canvas (?) showing a boy with his buffalo. The price? I did not ask him.


He can be contacted at hp: 012-9562392 or e-mail: ismailhyatt04@yahoo.com. His website / homepage is http://www.artismail.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Malaysia Blogsites List

>br>