why360

Looking around me I see the bigger pictures. And I write entirely to find out what I'm thinking, what I'm looking at, what I see and what it means. What I want and what I fear.

Google

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Squeezed

Modern Malaysia, in Kuala Lumpur, KLCC etc etc.



In Kuantan, Mahkota Square etc etc ,




But in reality there are still people in Malaysia living squeezed and left behind the waves of modern development, either because of circumstances or because they themselves make themselves left behind, or they do not want to go forward or they cannot afford to go forward. Just take your pick. Mix with them and you will know.











These photoes are from almost the centre of a progressive town.

The scene is typical of what is happening in town, in fact in the middle of some town or even in a City in Malaysia. You move outside the town or the City the scenes become quite common especially in the East Coat of Peninsular Malaysia.

And probably just across the road where these houses are, one may find normal brick built bunglow houses, or double storey terrace houses or even the single storey ones, of typical Malaysian architecture (or shop houses).






What do we do about them? In the first place are they happy living the way they do? Or is it that there is no escape? It depends really from which angle you may wish to look at the situation, politically (Government or Opposition), Sociologist, tourists, religious zealot or even the people themselves. For me, I am not happy at what I see around me especially when I see them almost everyday.

These people are squeezed.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Malaysia Blogsites List

>br>