why360

Looking around me I see the bigger pictures. And I write entirely to find out what I'm thinking, what I'm looking at, what I see and what it means. What I want and what I fear.

Google

Monday, January 22, 2007

Tamarind

I often wonder why is it that in Thailand they produce sugar coated tamarind and export those to Malaysia. And tamarind trees can be grown very well in Malaysia. And they fruit as well.

Near where I live, in Kuala Lumpur, there are about 30-40 matured tamarind trees planted by the roadside and they bear fruit often, so I observe. And those tamarind fruits are left to rot on the trees and nobody bothers to pick them up (so I observe). Such waste.



A row of tamarind trees by the roadside.



Fruiting tamarind tree.



Tamarind fruits on a tamarind tree

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger razak tun embung said...

profit margin is low and distribution cost high
and the thai is more efficient than us!

excellent pics thanku

12:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

di taman melawati juga ada banyak pokok asam jawa ni. diperhatikan, pada waktu pagi akan ada manusia2 yang mengumpul asam2 jawa yang bertaburan. bagus kan?

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Malaysia Blogsites List

>br>