why360

Looking around me I see the bigger pictures. And I write entirely to find out what I'm thinking, what I'm looking at, what I see and what it means. What I want and what I fear.

Google

Monday, January 01, 2007

Eid day outing

Eid ul-Adha day, 31 Dec. 2006, 10 Zulhijah 1427, it was celebrated in our small masjid in Wangsa Maju, KL.

The cows were ready for the 'qurban', men and women came to pray, the prayers, and after the prayers.









After the prayers, my family went to a friends house at Janda Baik, a cool hill Malay village about half-hour drive east of KL. He had 8 cows 'qurban' and the meat distributed to the poor (maybe 1 or 2 rich) people of the village. We had a good luch at that friend's place.










After a heavy lunch at our friends place, we retreated to a nearby hill resort to another friend's empty studio apartment where we rested. And the scene from that studio apartment was beyond belief, green distant hills, a village in the valley, and wild monkeys on trees close by.








We came home by late afternoon, near dusk after a happy and enjoyable day's outing.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Malaysia Blogsites List

>br>