why360

Looking around me I see the bigger pictures. And I write entirely to find out what I'm thinking, what I'm looking at, what I see and what it means. What I want and what I fear.

Google

Monday, January 22, 2007

In support of Malaysian bloggers



I believe that in Malaysia bloggers are the minority of the silent majority. The silent majority just suffer, and nowhere to redress their sufferings (but many of the silent majority are the ones that benefit most from the present regime so they remain very silent). Many others though are just living dead, no opinion, no thoughts and nobody. Bloggers have access to a media to express their opinions and many express their without fear or favour, (though many will express their opinion with fear and hoping for favour). Whatever the situations are, there is a flow of opinions in blogs and to my mind its good for our society, and for Malaysians in general. (Though the number of Malaysian having access to Internet is very limited, and those not wanting to access is a majority of those that may access). Many Malaysians are so subservient, earlier by the colonial rulers (got to blame someone, that is our culture and in our genes) and then by our own 'colonial' rulers, they taking the queue from the colonial rulers to silent the majority; at the same time blaming the colonial rules publicly to gather the support of the silent majority. Now
with attempts to guillotine opinions in blogs, we are once again the 'living dead'.

Whatever it takes, within our means and within the Malaysian laws, we must defend our rights to express our opinions via blogs.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Malaysia Blogsites List

>br>