why360

Looking around me I see the bigger pictures. And I write entirely to find out what I'm thinking, what I'm looking at, what I see and what it means. What I want and what I fear.

Google

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Old trees by the river.


When I visited the Malaysian National Park (Taman Negara)recently and on going boating up and down the Tahan River I was very fascinated by the old trees by the river bank.



I imagine that these trees must be thousands of years old. If not cut down by men (which may even result in the erosion of the river bank) they will still be there another thousands of years.



These trees are probably eyed by greedy loggers, who in association with the people in power may one day cut these trees down. It will be a pity really! A waste! They will never be replaced, untill probably thousands of years to come.



Some of these trees are about to fall down, but the roots still hold on to the river bank. Some have fallen down.


While others still standing strong and erect.



And those fallen into the river.



And still standing.







Even with bushes around them.




Those fallen probably years ago still maintain their dignity in the cool clear river water. Fascinating scene. Give shades to the river.



And protection.



And during the dry seasons when the water is low and shallow, the cool clear fresh and unpolluted river water makes good swimming places for visitors. And the banks being protected by the trees, not disturbing men's pleasure activities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Malaysia Blogsites List

>br>